<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Send Your Scoop To Reality Enquirer

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Here's A Clue 

Dear RE,

If you had told me that I'd be writing an email to Reality Enquirer defending Jokers Updates a year ago, I'd have laughed at you. Loudly. But here I am. I've read the last two entries on your blog. Specifically in "You Can Tell It's Big Brother Season When" the issue of certain site names being 'banned' is brought up. It seems a shock to someone that other site names/references are banned. Had the parties involved actually read the site rules they would have seen that this is, indeed, frowned upon behavior not just at Jokers Updates but at MANY boards. If you are trying to grow a board and generate revenue (and yes folks, a lot of sites out there are indeed trying to generate revenue)

Furthermore, this is not anything new. I joined Jokers Updates late during Big Brother 3, after Jokerette bought the site. I 'met' Jokerette when she was still Digilady at Elitestv. And when I joked JU it was, indeed frowned upon behavior to reference other competing sites, not just BBQ. I am a former moderator/administrator at JU, so I can tell you for fact that the refernce to other sites being a 'nono' isn't new.

I'm not on staff anymore, and due to my own rude, and cruel behavior issues I've basically burned my bridges with Jokers Updates, to my own regret. But to see Jokers Updates maligned because someone can't follow fundamental rules is something I cannot sit back and not speak up about.

Sincerely,
Got A Clue