<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Send Your Scoop To Reality Enquirer

Thursday, February 23, 2006

A Long One From Them Gamers 

From the mailbox - and this RTVG is Reality TV Games Net:

It has become quite apparent that Reality Enquirer is frequently visited by a select group of members from realitytvgames.net (RTVG). Why is this so apparent you ask? Well in the last month, an anonymous person or persons have been submitting information to RE about RTVG. The one thing that Mr. and Ms. Anonymous failed to recognize is that other members of RTVG know that they have not left the site as they stated in their article, in fact they continue to post and be active on the site.


Well, since the person or persons that continue to feed RE with this salacious gossip do not feel that they need to come forward, I shall leave them anonymous. However, I will not leave the subject just lie. Members of RTVG have come to learn that I am a person that will speak my mind and since no one has spoken up, I feel it is my duty to set the record straight. It is very easy for one to submit anonymous falsehoods, but when I sign my name, you can be assured you are getting the straight truth.


First, I'd like to comment on the article that was published on RE that referenced RTVG's Apprentice game. As a member of the game, I completely 100% disagree with everything that the article stated. The article would have you believe that the administrators and moderators at RTVG want to see the Apprentice contestant's private conversations because the site operates on some sort of warped sense of censorship. Honestly, the game got a little tense, but in no way had to do with the contents of private conversations. The Apprentice game did not instill a "Nazi Culture" on the site, as the article suggests. Such a comparison is totally uncalled for and it actually disgusted me as I read it. There was no paranoia created from the game, except for the paranoia that was in your anonymous sources minds. The only reason why "members were encouraged to publicize each others PMs and turn in other members" was so that the moderators of RTVG (the judges in the Apprentice game) could see the interactions between team members. How they work, how they approach one another, how they interact together. They also wanted to put a stop to any scheming or plotting going on because the winner of the game will become the newest addition to the moderator staff.


I have been a member of RTVG since the site opened and I have very good relationships with all the current moderators there and I know that they would never want the site to become a place of paranoia and they did not enforce the rule of "publicizing PM's" so that members could "turn in other members". I think the moderators actually go out of their way to make sure that no one feels censored in any fashion.


Additionally, I feel that the article about the Apprentice game also resulted in a really terrible injustice because the responsible persons did not come forward. It is my belief, as well as many others that the articles source has not left RTVG and they have been so callous as to spread malicious and spiteful rumors, blaming others for their own cowardly actions. Another unfortunate event that has occurred is that the only RTVG member that we have lost track of, BreakingFree, has also been implicated for being the source responsible for the article. BreakingFree, is a friend of mine and she left the boards before the game Apprentice had barely even started! So not only has the anonymous source lied to you about the facts, they have tried to protect their anonymity by lying about others!


With all that being said, I am very firm in my opinion that whoever the person or persons that are responsible for that article are, they are mostly certainly cowards and spineless, for not standing up their own opinions.! If the sources had a problem with the game or RTVG, they should have at least got in contact with one of the moderators. If they didn't feel comfortable doing that they should have at least had the guts to sign their name to such a nasty article.


As for the Glitternerf/dfleming wedding, I believe it has good intentions because it involves some charitable organizations. Honestly though, there is not enough focus on the charities and TOO MUCH on Nerf and dfleming and some cyberspace romance, which I believe is nothing more than a cry for attention. I would also like to add that RTVG is not losing members, we have lost just one and I doubt that will last much longer. From my point of view; we're not missing out on anything, in Glitternerf's absence, but it is quite suspect to me that out of the 3 negative articles about RTVG, Glitternerf has been involved in 2 of them. I leave you to ponder whether she is one of the other anonymous sources behind the article that alludes to RTVG becoming like George Orwell's Animal Farm.


I am one of a larger number of people that know what the truth really is and I am bold enough to say it for all of you to read. Glitternerf's has continually cried out in desperate need for attention, but I really believe it is her mental health that needs the attention. She is a proven to be a liar and neurotically manipulative and RTVG wants members who actually have a backbone to sign their name to certain writings. I believe that if Glitternerf does in fact leave for good, RTVG will be a much nice place with out her, as is evident in the atmosphere during her recent absence.

It is unfortunate that I even had to come to this point of having to write this letter to Reality Enquirer, but personally I'm disgusted with all the letters to RE from "anonymous" people about RTVG. Please feel free to disagree with me, that is okay, but I am satisfied in the fact that when I have something to say, it is stated loud and clear and of course I sign my name to it. I will always encourage anyone with a thought or opinion to say it and stand up and be counted and RTVG will never take away your right to speak freely. For those readers who are not members of RTVG, I certainly encourage you to come and join us, we are a nice group of people and we actually have a lot of fun!!!


Signed,
Callie